Caution / prohibited matter
· Only original artworks and expressions are allowed at Design Festa. The sale and display of copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited. If your exhibition is found to contain any copyrighted works, you will be asked to remove said items from your exhibition.
· Unloading via car is not allowed.
· The sale of parts and commercial goods is strictly prohibited. If your exhibition is found to contain such items, you will be asked to remove them from your exhibition.
· If you are discovered to be committing acts against public morale, carrying dangerous objects, or otherwise creating a disturbances for exhibitors/visitors, we will ask you to leave.
· Please keep your exhibition and any performances confined to your exhibition space.
· The Design Festa office does not assume any responsibility for any theft, injuries, damages, troubles between visitors / exhibitors, or troubles concerning the purchase of works.
· The Design Festa office does not assume any legal responsibility for any exhibitors exhibiting at Design Festa.
· Pictures taken at the venue and materials submitted to us may be used for printed promotions and advertisements by the Design Festa office.
· Exhibition fees cannot be refunded, even in the case of event cancellation.
· The exhibition and distribution of food and drink outside the food area is prohibited.
· Massage parlors and hair/makeup exhibitions are not allowed. (However, Special effects makeup and body paint are allowed.)
· Fortune telling and other divinations are not allowed.
· The use of incandescent bulbs is prohibited. Please use LED bulb.
About the Application and Random Selection
· Applications are limited to one per exhibition.
· If you or your exhibition group is found to have sent in multiple applications, all applications will automatically be cancelled. In the event we discover a case of multiple applications after the random selection, the Design Festa office reserves the right to decline your exhibition at the next event.
· We do not accept booth placement requests of any kind.
· Changes to your exhibition name, genre, or representative name will not be accepted after the application period has ended.
· The results of the random selection will be sent to you by email. Please be sure to set your email so that you can receive emails from @designfesta.com.
· Please contact the office if you do not receive the results announcement email.
Your exhibition will be cancelled if we do not receive payment within 10 days of the results announcement, regardless of whether you received the email or not.
· Please pay the exhibition fee within 10 days from the results announcement.
· Your exhibition will be cancelled if we do not receive payment by the payment deadline. In addition, exhibition fees are nonrefundable once paid regardless of the circumstances.
· Booth placement can not be specified.
· Booth spaces are marked by tape on the floor, and provisions such as walls, tables, chairs, fire extinguishers, etc. are not included. If you require such things for your exhibit, please either prepare them yourselves, or rent equipment from Rental Equipment Gakari.
· Details about Rental Equipment applications will be shared after the application process.
· If you will be holding a performance of any kind at your booth, the submission of a separate Performance Application is required, details of which will be shared after the application process. Please be aware that amplifiers, microphones, and drum sets are prohibited. (A performance application is not necessary for music players used for background music.)
· Booths with ceilings, two floors, structures exceeding 4 meters in height, and any flammable materials or use of flame require prior permission from the fire department. Please contact the Design Festa office by Mid May if you will require permission for your exhibition.
· The use of oil paint and spray paints is prohibited.
· The use of the electrical outlets found within the event halls of Tokyo Big Sight is prohibited. If you require an outlet for your exhibition, please apply for one through the Design Festa office.
· Please confine your exhibition to within your booth space.